воскресенье, 6 декабря 2015 г.

Current event #1

As I have already told, video games are one of the main sources of art nowadays. But that does not mean that games are not a successful income-generating business. Someone says that it cramps to the art component because a great amount of prosperous projects are produced in a conveyor manner because of the corporations which care only about profit (for instance, Assassin's Creed game series (just look at the quantity of games)).
On the one hand, I entirely agree with that point of view. I have seen so many franchises where the first part of the game was excellent and gamers' community claimed for continuation but the rest parts were awful or, at least, repetitive because of human's greed and unwillingness to enhance the previous part. But, on the other hand, a desire to make more money on the games helped to raise new sort of gaming - cybersport. And now when you hear the word "cybersport" it is difficult not to connect it with one of the most famous cybersport discipline - DotA 2. For better understanding how global it is I will write about one of the biggest events in the world of eSports and the world of Dota in particular - the International.
The fifth edition of the tournament took place in Seattle, Washington. The final phase was between August 3 and August 8. But the key point is that the award of the International 5 was the biggest in the pro-gaming history - over $18 million. Can you imagine such a sum related to a "cream of a bunch" just playing the computer? Not even creating games but just playing. Personally for me, it is incredible. Unfortunately, in the process of writing this post, I lost an article where some journalist called them "a group of useless and sluggish people", so I cannot present his material here. But anyway, I have one question which I want to ask you: why do not people say the same about sportsmen? I have some experience in eSports and in my childhood I was a semi-professional football player and from my own background I can say that pro-gaming is even harder than a professional sport in real life. So, think about it and leave your comments below, I want to hear what you think about it and discuss it, of course. 

1 комментарий: